Monday, September 21, 2009

New babies are so great!




Brighton and I just got to spend 3 days with Mallory & Ashton (and James too when he wasn't at work). It was so awesome to give Ashton kisses and cuddle him, watch his funny little facial expressions and hear his sweet little noises. Mallory said I am good with babies and that means I need to have another one. I told her I was thoroughly enjoying being the aunt for now and loving him and then giving him back to mom when he needs something!! (Whether or not Jerod and I will have another is the million dollar question at this point...)! Ashton's bilirubin level is finally coming down. He is 2 weeks old tomorrow and is doing well. Mallory is a great mama. Ashton looks like a totally different baby with his eyes open...but there aren't many opportunities to catch a picture of that now. He sleeps a lot, which is so nice and doesn't last long enough for moms!
Brighton started swimming lessons today. He's doing the preschool level, which means mom gets to sit in the bleachers and watch! I'm so not missing the "mommy and me" class because I strongly dislike public pools. I even made Jerod take the "mommy and me" class with B this past summer, which I guess made it "daddy and me" for Brighton. Jerod was the only daddy in the class. What a good guy. :) I forgot to take the camera to swimming this morning, but my little fishie did really well and when he got out of the pool and into the towel he said, "Mom, I had really fun."

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a sweet baby. I'm like you, love them then give them back. Glad Brighton is loving his swimming class. Wish Travis could be there with him. I haven't found good swimming lessons here yet.

Camille said...

I tried to get Lizzie into preschool swim too, but I am a slacker and didn't call the pool until ALL of the classes were full! Maybe next session...