Saturday, September 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Brighton!

Well this time 3 years ago I had been having contractions about 10 minutes apart all night long. They weren't serious yet so at about 10 am we went on a walk around the block, at which point my water sorta broke and started trickling out. (I found out later his head was so low it was blocking the "gush" of water). We went to the hospital at about 11 and Brighton the 8 lb 3 oz whopper was born at 1:54 pm! I couldn't believe he was that big but it explained a lot about why I was hurting so much and why to this day my hips have issues! So, Happy Birthday to our wonderful, sweet, very active big boy!! We are going to make a cake that looks like a barn, with pig, sheep, and chick cupcakes. If it turns out well I may post a picture, but I can't promise anything. :) For Samantha's birthday post last month I told things we love about her, so I'll do the same for Brighton. We love how sweet he is. He is always quick to say I'm sorry. We love how much he looks up to and loves his sister, uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents, nursery teachers, etc. He gives love easily. He is all boy!! We love his energy and his deep belly laugh. We love how well he talks and the hilarious things he says. Here are the latest:

*Brighton and I stopped to grab a drive-thru McDonald's lunch on our way to see Mallory & Ashton a week ago. He started complaining from the back seat and said, "But I don't like Old MacDonald's!!"

**Last Tuesday while Samantha was at dance I took Brighton to the park. He was swinging and I made him go really high and he said, "Oh that gave me a pee-pee tickle!" (I am chuckling as I type this one!)

***Also at the park a little girl wanted to go down the slide that Brighton was sitting at the bottom of. So she said, "Look out below!" To which Brighton replied, "My name is not Balow, its Brighton!"

****And finally, another Wal-mart etiquette issue. We always get the little ladies on motorized carts passing us, and they really catch his attention. After this one went by he said VERY loudly, "Mom, that lady only has one tooth!" I just walk away as quickly as possible so no one hears my giggle.
It is so fun to have a boy. They add an entirely different level of entertainment. We love you Brighton!

No comments: