
So, the last post was about things I love. This one is about something I so-do-not love. Spiders.
Thankfully I had an OCD moment on Monday. I got out of the shower and got dressed and as I was walking by the kids' room I thought, on a whim, I should re-arrange their room! This was not something high up on the priority list. I had much to do that day. But...I dove in. I pulled Brighton's dresser out from the wall to begin and there was a scary spider back there. I was about to squish it but thought maybe I should catch it to show Jerod. So I did. He thought it was a gross one as well. I decided to take it to the county extension office to see if they could identify it. It was a hobo spider, which means it is poisonous! In my children's bedroom! So, needless to say, bug bombs were bought and detonated that night and we stayed at my parents-in-law's to avoid the yucky poison. Take that spiders! Oh I hope I killed all of his friends if there were any hanging around!
So I had the heeby-jeebies last night when I was trying to go to sleep. I had to remind myself that we've lived in our house for 4 years with no other poisonous spider encounters, we co-exist with these yucky creatures every day and we've never had a run-in to this point, and we just set off two really toxic poison bombs under the house. It will be okay. :)
1 comment:
Oh, that gives me the creeps!
Post a Comment