Thursday, July 23, 2009

What a vacation










The saying that "you need a vacation to recover from your vacation" is ringing so true to us this week. We took a 2,900 mile trip through Idaho and Oregon to Washington, where we stayed for 5 days, coming home through Montana, total trip of 9 days! We saw some amazing country, wildlife, and sites, had a fun time with family, and visited several friends in Bozeman that we have missed. We've been home for 5 days now and I'm still not caught up. I just keep adding things to my "I'll do that in the fall when things settle down" list! It is sad how fast summer goes by, but we've been blessed with enough work and the means to travel and have some fun trips.
Samantha is at the aquarium in Seattle. Our favorite animals were the otters. These are river otters, but they also had sea otters. We also saw a mama sea otter and her two babies on Second Beach by La Push (on the coast). They came out of the ocean for a couple of minutes and then ran back in. That was a highlight!! Brighton loved our day at Second Beach...he couldn't stay out of the water, even though it was quite chilly! It was low tide so we saw starfish and sea urchins! B chased a flock of seagulls each time they landed on the beach. This day was I think my favorite in our whole trip. The northwest coast was all I ever imagined it would be. I think I could live there!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Your blog looks great. Glad you had such a great time on vacation. The beach looks beautiful. I'll write back soon with some ideas for your blog.