Friday, July 24, 2009

Brighton-isms


Yesterday I was really enjoying my job of being a SAHM....yes I'll tell the truth and say that some days it can be a really hard job and feel kind of thankless, but other days there's nothing better. I am truly grateful to be at home with my children full-time. So anyways, Yesterday we had such a productive day, and finally I had to reward the kids with some pool time in the backyard. They were having so much fun screaming and squirting each other. Our dog Sadie was having a hayday as well, biting the sprinkler hard enough to change the setting. And then she'd just look at me like, "well, are you gonna fix it?" I really enjoyed watching them.


I love having a crazy little 2 year old boy. He says and does the funniest things. Here are my favorite latest Brighton-isms:


He's obsessed with his birthday coming up in September (which comes from big sis talking about hers in August non-stop). He goes to our b-day calendar, which is at his height and finds his month and day, marked by a sticker. So yesterday he says, "Mom, how can I get a guitar for my birthday?" I had to giggle.


We were driving home two nights ago and a man and a lady were walking down the street as we passed. The woman was not ultra thin, I'd say actually just above average size. Brighton had an opinion on this. He said, "That lady has a big bum." This is the second time he has said this, but at least this time it was in the privacy of our car instead of the aisle in Walmart right as the lady passed us.


Awhile ago there was a full moon, which we could see during the day. Brighton said, "Mom, we get to stay in a motel." I asked why of course, since we had no current plans for that, and he said, "because I see the moon!" Interesting theory. :)


Also yesterday during the pool time Samantha and Brighton were arguing once again over these little kickboards I got them. They each picked out their own at the store, but Samantha now likes Brighton's better and often either grabs it from him or tries to trick him out of using it. After hearing enough of the fighting I threatened to make them go inside the house if they didn't stop it. So then later Brighton had had enough of Samantha so he hollered at me, "Mom, Samantha hurt my feelings! Make her go in the house!"


Such entertainment these little ones are!

No comments: