Sunday, January 22, 2012

Catching up!

Free time is in a shortage around our house these days...so I have not been updating our blog as often as I would like! I like to do it a least several times a year, because I get it printed into a really neat hard bound book every 2 years. This is the coolest journal...complete with pictures and stories from our everyday lives! I hope that my children will enjoy reading the books when they are older, and I will love them when I am much older I'm sure! These days as a mother of young children are so full, but I am realizing that they are going by so quickly!

Funny "isms" as I like to call them- things that my kiddos say that are so funny- are worth writing down.
Here are a couple...

Brighton was reading addresses on houses one night as we were delivering some things. He's just excited now that he is learning to read and say bigger numbers and words. So he was telling us that he knows people's address, when Samantha quipped, "Just because you know some one's address doesn't mean you stop at their house for dinner." Yes, that would be a little awkward. We were all cracking up.

I was brushing Samantha's hair the other day and it is so long now that it goes well down her back. My cold fingers must have brushed the inside of her arm by her armpit, because she said, "Your armpits are cold!!" How would she know? :) Silly girl. I knew what she meant.

Our baby Claire is growing so fast. She loves to babble and spit, and blow big raspberries now.  She has also developed a new sport called arching...the little stinker arches her back when you put her in the carseat, the bouncy, try to change her diaper, all the time.  She might be an Olympian.  She's 2 1/2 months in the pictures with me and Jerod...


Claire has started laughing too.  She likes it when we say "Boo" to her.
This is an older picture that I finally got off of my phone. I love it so much that I had to put it on here. It is from Brighton's first soccer season in fall of 2011.
This is of Samantha the Russian Dancer from the Dec 2011 Nutcracker performance. As always, she danced beautifully and we were proud of her.
Jerod and Brighton have started taking Tae Kwon Do lessons 2 nights a week.  They love it.  They enjoy the exercise, doing something together, and the new skills they are learning.  I am constantly catching Brighton practicing his forms and kicks in the air.  He is doing really well at listening to the teacher and NOT practicing his moves on family members (other than Daddy).  They will test for their yellow belt sometime in the next few months. :)

1 comment:

triplej said...

Lots of fun things going on my friend!!